Culture, Society, & Transformation in Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland's long and troubled history of conflict and transformation coupled with the remarkable beauty of the natural land sets the backdrop for this program.
The trip makes use of the extraordinary offerings of Queen's University Belfast and their International Summer School Program.
CHOOSE ONE OF THE INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL OPTIONS AVAILABLE @ QUEEN’S UNIVERSITY BELFAST (QUB)
- Participate in seminars led by internationally recognized scholars and presenters affiliated with Queen's University Belfast (QUB)!
- Tour sites of historical, political, social, and cultural significance in Belfast and Northern Ireland!
- Travel and attend weekly meetings with Minnesota group AND meet and study with students from all over the world!
- Take the opportunity to travel to other parts of the "Emerald Isle" on the weekend.
1. Irish Studies, via Institute of Irish Studies
2. Conflict Transformation and Social Justice, via Senator George J. Mitchell Institute for Global Peace, Security and Justice
3. Education for Transformation, via School of Social Sciences, Education and Social Work
Learn about each of these options on the QUB website, BUT don't apply/register with them - Apply and Register via MSU Mankato
Dr. Annelies Hagemeister, Professor, Dept. of Social Work
Dr. Hagemeister has taught Social Work at MSU Mankato for 15 years, has spent over a month in Belfast at Queen’s University, and has studied and traveled in the UK and Europe four times in the past. She will travel with you there, meet with the group 4 times while you are taking the classes and going on field trips, and will travel back with you to Minneapolis-St. Paul.